- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, fileted as thin as you can get them
- Plain panko bread crumbs
- Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 large eggs
- Milk (of any fat content)
- Tedesco’s Classic Tomato Sauce or Tedesco’s Medium Hot Tomato Sauce
- Shredded or Sliced Mozzarella (part skim or whole milk)
- Vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, make your eggwash by cracking your 3 eggs and scrambling them. A few dashes of milk to thin the mixture out. Note: the mixture should not be as thick as it would be for scrambled eggs. This mixture is simply just to create a sticky layer for breadcrumbs to adhere to.
- In a separate bowl, combine a 50/50 mixture of the panko bread crumbs with the Italian seasoned bread crumbs. (Optional: Add a few dashes of grated parmesan cheese for a little extra flavor!)
- In a large frying pan, add enough vegetable oil to create about ¼ inch depth of oil in the pan. You can use the oil of your choice, Traditionally Olive oil would be used. My family uses Vegetable Oil for its high smoking temperature"
- Dip the fileted in the egg wash, thoroughly coating both sides. Move the chicken to the bowl of bread crumbs. Cover the chicken with bread crumbs and gently press the crumbs to the chicken. Flip the breast over and repeat, until the chicken breast is thoroughly coated in bread crumbs.
- Fry the chicken for roughly 3-4 minutes on both sides, remove from the oil and place them on a plate or cookie sheet that is covered with paper towels. Pat the excess oil off with the paper towels. Or until the cutlet is cooked thoroughly. The thickness of the cutlet will determine cook time (Note: This is a CRUCIAL step to ensure the cutlet does not become soggy and stays crispy. Make sure ALL excess oil is removed.)
- Place all cooked cutlets on a cookie sheet, cover in your choice of Tedesco’s Tomato sauce, and a generous layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Place the cookie sheet on the top rack under the broiler. Keep an eye on these as they should only take a few minutes under the broiler. The goal is just to melt (and brown if you like) the cheese.
- Remove from the oven, and serve with the homemade pasta you worked so hard on using our pasta dough recipe!